This healthy sesame chicken will be an instant favorite. The savory-sweet sesame sauce makes any food delicious. On top of that, using an air fryer to make the chicken crispy makes this a great combo. Pair it with a nice side dish to make this the perfect trifecta! This recipe is simple and not time consuming as it can be done within 25-30 minutes. Asian American cuisine tend to gear towards crispy or fried food, but by using an air fryer without much oil, this dish is a healthy alternative.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED – CHICKEN
- 2 pieces of chicken breast (3oz each) – diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp soy cauce
- 1 Tbsp oil
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED – SESAME SAUCE
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp black vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- Pinch red peper flakes
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tsp sesame seeds
Preparation – air fryer chicken
- In a medium bowl combine diced chicken with cornstarch and soy sauce
- Preheat air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes
- Place chicken into air fryer at 400F for 8 minutes and flip over the other side and cook additional 8 minutes.
Preparation – sesame sauce
- In a bowl combine water, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour sauce mixture into the pan and stir slowly over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and thickened.
- Place chicken into sesame sauce pan mix and cook together.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Enjoy this dish with a bowl of brown rice and stir fried broccoli.
Sesame sauce prep:
Mix with chicken: